Make it in Italy: Italian Language and Business
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore offers this exciting five-week Italian Business and Language program for students wanting to make the most of a summer in Italy. Particular attention is paid in the business component to fashion and design, tourism, agribusiness, art, small and medium size enterprises (SMEs), industrial clusters, and entrepreneurship. In addition, students have the opportunity to study Italian language and delve into the vibrancy of its culture.
Language of Instruction: English
ISEP-Direct Summer for all ISEP member students
The Italian Language and Business program combines two weeks of intensive Italian language with a four week business course taught in English. The two parts will be structured as follows:
- Italian Language Course - The aim of this course is to present the basis of spoken and written Italian for both Beginners and Lower Intermediate level students. The course is focused on communication: a pragmatic approach will be used.
- Business Course - The program offers interaction and up-close exposure to the best practices of the Italian entrepreneurial system. It is divided into three modules, each dedicated to a specific topic: Fashion, Design and SMEs (small and medium size enterprises). Every module includes a site visit closely related to the topic discussed in class.
Students will receive 15 ECTS credits for the 5-week program
HOW TO LIST THIS PROGRAM IN THE ISEP APPLICATION
Sacro Cuore Summer Program: Italian Language and Business – ISEP Direct
SPECIAL ACADEMIC CONDITIONS
Undergraduate and graduate students who have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and have a 3.0 GPA or higher (or the equivalent) are eligible.
International students who are non-native speakers of English must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 80 iBT or an IELTS score of 6.
June 6 – July 13, 2013
Includes tuition and room.
HOUSING AND MEALS
Students live in shared apartments off campus. Meals are not included, but Milan has many fine cafés and restaurants.
- Milan City Tour: the "not-to-be-missed" spots in the city
- Day Trip to Verona and Valpolicella: visiting Romeo and Juliet's city and loving the scenic vineyards
- Day Trip to Cinque Terre: discovering Italian beaches and enjoying Italian SummerThe
The Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, founded in 1921 by Father Agostino Gemelli, is one of the most comprehensive and complete higher education institutions in Italy. Università Cattolica excels in the diverse study opportunities that it offers in the humanities as well as scientific fields. It values and promotes an interdisciplinary approach that helps students gain scientific knowledge in a responsible and autonomous fashion through courses and strong research programs.
The historic city of Milan is the capital of Lombardy in the central Po Valley, Italy’s richest, most populated, and most economically active region. Milan is known as one of the world capitals of fashion and also hosts a wealth of monuments, palaces, churches, and museums.