Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Click here for policies in effect before July 1, 2014 (12:01am)
The ISEP Full Insurance Policy requires that you have two identification cards. The BCS Medical Insurance card and the FrontierMEDEX Identification Card
The ISEP Full Insurance Policy (IEES & FrontierMEDEX) covers the following 7 items.
Please note that the Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Policy (MER) only applies to items 4 - 7:
- Basic medical accident and sickness eligible expenses paid at 100% up to $25,000; subject to a $50 deductible per policy year.
- Supplemental medical accident and sickness expenses paid at 80% until the insured has paid $5,000 Out-of-pocket (20% co-insurance + deductible per policy year)
- Catastrophic medical accident and sickness pays subsequent eligible expenses at 100% up to the policy maximum benefit of $500,000 per policy year.
- Medical evacuation
- Repatriation of remains (in the event of death)
- Accidental death, dismemberment and loss of sight
- FrontierMEDEX for 24-hour worldwide medical and travel assistance
This insurance will cover eligible basic medical expenses related to sickess or injury, in excess of the $50 deductible per policy year that you incur outisde your home country while on an ISEP exchange at 100% up to a maximum of $25,000. Once you have exhausted your basic medical coverage of $25,000, the policy provides supplemental major medical coverage at 80% for eligible expenses until the Insured has paid $5,000 Out-of-pocket. After all benefits have been exhausted under the basic and supplemental coverages, the policy provides catastrophic major medical coverage at 100% for eligible expenses up the the policy's maximum benefit of $500,000.
Benefits for Dependents
Benefits are the same as those described above for individual participants, with the exception that the accidental death, dismemberment and loss of sight benefits are $10,000 for a spouse and $5,000 for each child.
FrontierMEDEX for emergencies outside of the U.S.
[Please note that FrontierMEDEX is only valid for emergencies occurring outside the United States. Within the U.S., please contact IEES.]
A unique component of your IEES plan is the FrontierMEDEX worldwide medical and travel assistance. This assistance includes referrals to doctors or hospitals, coordination of payment with the provider, and assistance with lost prescriptions or travel documents. Multilingual services are available. To access these services contact FrontierMEDEX directly. When you call be prepared to provide your name, the specific number assigned to your group (FrontierMEDEX ISEP ID is #319691), your school name, and a brief description of your problem.
What's Not Covered
- $50 deductible per policy year (7/1/13-6/30/14)
- 20% co-insurance under the Supplemental Major Medical Benefits ($5,000 Out-of-Pocket maximum per policy year)
- any medical treatment in your home country (even if you return by medical evacuation)
- routine medical examinations except for those specifically detailed in brouchure
- treatment of congenital anomalies and conditions arising or resulting directly therefrom
- dental services (except for repair to sound and natural teeth due to a Covered Injury)
- expenses incurred for eye examinations, eyeglasses or contact lenses (except in conjunction with an accident covered by this insurance)
Click here for policies in effect on or after July 1, 2014