Mezinárodní studentský klub v Brně/International Student Club in Brno (ISC Brno) is a non-profitable and non-political student organization established in summer 2003 in order to help exchange students coming to study at Masaryk University (MU) in the new setting. In August 2004, ISC Brno became part of Erasmus Student Network (ESN).
Throughout the semester, we organize several activities for the exchange students. Their main aim is to promote better involvement of the exchange students in Czech student society and the local cultural life. The main pilars of our activities are:
- Tutor Programme - each incoming student (if willing) is paired with one Czech tutor who is supposed to help him after arrival and also during the whole stay
- Country Presentations – once a week the students have chance to present their country to others (by a short theatre performance, dance etc.)
- Language Courses - students can get involved either in language courses (one student teaching group of students) or so-called tandem (two students teaching each other his/her mother tongue)
- Trips & Excursions - we organize shorter trips (in the Czech Republic, e.g. cities around Brno or National Reservations) and longer excursions (e.g. to Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Wroclaw…)
- Sports - either regular or one-shot sport events (e.g. futsal or beach-volleyball)