ISEP is currently has an opening for a Graphic Design and Social Media Specialist. We are looking for a creative thinker to join our small, dynamic marketing and communications team. We want your versatility in design, video production, and social community management skills to complement our outreach efforts to universities and their students around the world. You'll wear many hats as you design for print and web, create videos to enhance processes and build the ISEP brand, and engage with students on a daily basis through social communities. If you are an ideas person who enjoys collaboration as well as results, please apply.
Your team leader will be the Director of Communications & Marketing, and your teammate will be the Communications and Marketing Coordinator. You'll also collaborate with the Assistant Vice President of External Relations and Program staff. You'll be in frequent contact with prospective and current students, student advisors, and external vendors
Publications and Media
You'll contribute your design skills to support the production and maintenance of marketing materials. You'll apply your creative thinking to develop new ways to promote and enhance ISEP's visibility and mission. Your design and social media skills will be tapped to increase engagement of students. You'll also work with our print and distribution vendors to ensure successful delivery of all collateral.
Your digital media background will be effective in creating video for multiple departments, including student advisor trainings, student orientations, and promotional videos. You'll put your video editing skills to work to create a finished project, which with your help, will be integrated into processes or campaigns.
ISEP Website and Social Media
We are seeking an individual who is tech savvy and has a track record of integrating new technologies into existing processes. You'll manage social communities (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, WordPress etc.) and a promotional calendar to increase visibility, membership, and traffic. You'll need a results-oriented perspective to monitor web traffic and ensure ISEP is leveraging technology to achieve maximum results. Your experience working with student centered social communities will help you effectively manage the ISEP Photo Essay Contest and its integration across social media. You'll also connect with students through the ISEP Ambassador program, where you will develop materials and implement training. You'll collaborate with your colleagues on implementing new strategies for student outreach.
Education B.A./B.S. degree in graphic design, marketing, or related field.
The perfect candidate will...
Possess the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, multi-task, pay attention to detail, work independently as well as collaboratively, pitch in to get the job done, and above all design with the user in mind. The perfect candidate will be confident in his/her work, but also receptive to critical feedback from non-marketing professionals. Our future team member will be able to work interdepartmentally as well as independently.
- 2-4 years designing with Adobe CS5 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) on a Windows OS, and video editing software.
- Laying out catalogs and other multi-page print publications
- Infographics and illustration
- Designing for social media (ads, cover photos, profile pictures)
- Email design (Mail Chimp or Constant Contact)
- Experience with HTML/CSS and customizing WordPress themes a plus
- Demonstrated experience with photography and image selection
- 1-2 years managing social media communities, and tracking success through analytics
- Creatively contributed in marketing/communication/design initiatives
- Interest and/or experience working at a nonprofit.
- You understand the basic issues in international education.
- You've studied or lived abroad.
If Interested please send us the link to your portfolio website or digital samples of your work, resume, your salary requirements, and a brief explanation of why you should join our team to email@example.com
ISEP is currently seeking a Staff Assistant located in our central office in Arlington, VA (10 minutes from Washington DC).
Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the staff assistant provides administrative support for the ISEP office assisting in the efficiency of our processes. Assistance is also provided more specifically to the Programs and Finance Departments.
1. Front Desk Responsibilities
- Handle mail, including tracking of incoming applications
- Handle mail/courier packages, both outgoing and incoming
- Process courier paperwork and pickups as requested
- Keep records of adjusted fees for students for invoicing purposes.
- Mail Medical Self-evaluation forms
- Info@isep.org and e-mail messages
- Refill mail meter and order postal supplies
- Print labels
- Update staff phone lists and mailboxes
- Answer phones and listen to general voice mail messages
- Distribute faxes
- Greet and refer visitors
- Prepare new employee orientation packets
2. Office Equiptment:
- Call vendors for repair of fax machine, copier, printers.
- Be aware of service contract provisions for supplies
- Respond to monthly "copy number" inquiries from copier vendor
3. Human Resources & Facilities Management:
- Maintain appearance of reception area and conference room
- Respond to periodic building management requests for information and surveys
- Distribute building management correspondence to staff by use of mailboxes
- Keep adjoining Storage Room organized and clean
- Ensure easy access to first aid kit in Storage Room and notify CFO when these supplies dwindle.
- Orders and distributes keys and swipe cards and maintains records of same.
- Maintains emergency call list, telephone directory and staff bios.
- Provides IT department with employee pictures and staff bios for website.
- Insures that ISEP organizational charts are accurate and up to date.
- Provides HR manager with administrative support as required.
4. Support for Finance Department:
- Maintain cash log
- Make bank deposits
- Follow up with ISEP Coordinator for missing payments
Other Duties as assigned
Education: HS Diploma; Some College Preferred
Experience: 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects with considerable detail
- Be a team player as well as work independently and take initiative
- Have authorization to work in the USA
- Previous Study abroad experience
- Previous experience in a professional office environment
- Extremely professional
If interested, please send resume/cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line must include job title. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.
Founded in 1979, ISEP is a nonprofit membership organization of institutions of higher education in the U.S. and 50 other countries, administered by a central office in Arlington, VA., and supported by member fees and fees for services. Over 3,000 students participate annually in ISEP programs. See www.isep.org for more information
ISEP is an EEO/AA employer.