APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 12, 2014
International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP) is pleased to announce the availability of an unpaid three month marketing and communications internship position starting in March. Located in Arlington, VA, ISEP is a network of over 340 colleges and universities in over 50 countries cooperating to provide affordable access to international education for a diverse student population. ISEP students gain intercultural competence through integration into their host institution and host culture while exploring the international dimension of their academic field.
The internship position will be available from March to late May or early June. The intern will work a minimum of 15 hours per week. The intern will work in the Communications and Marketing Department and assist with the following: contributions to the ISEP website and blog; student marketing through social media and email newsletters; writing press releases; supporting the ISEP Ambassador program; populating Google Maps; and assisting with administrative tasks. The intern will work alongside staff to promote study abroad opportunities and the ISEP Network. In exchange, the intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with international education professionals and build a compelling writing portfolio. The intern will receive valuable insight into how study abroad organizations function and compete within the current international education marketplace.
Applicants must have strong writing and editing skills; ability to perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail; ability to exercise independent judgment; and interest in creating student targeted marketing materials. Previous study abroad experience and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
To apply, please send a resume, detailed cover letter, dates available, and at least two video samples to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include Communications and Marketing Internship in the subject line.
ISEP is currently seeking a Program Officer for ISEP Direct located in our central office in Arlington, VA (10 minutes from Washington DC).
Under the general supervision of the Director, ISEP Direct, the Program officer for ISEP Direct manages communication with ISEP Direct host institution coordinators on matters pertaining to cost agreements, invoices, and memoranda of understanding, and to resolve related issues; maintains enrollment data; contributes to the fee setting process; supports efforts to reform internal procedures. Provides input and contributes to the strategic plan to grow enrollments for ISEP Direct programs.
1. Internal Operations.
- Oversee cost and benefit package information for Direct programs.
- Collaborates with Finance, Director of Direct programs, and Program Staff to provide enrollment data and future projections.
- Provides support for students withdrawal fee negotiation in Direct programs.
- Keep records of adjusted fees for students for invoicing purposes.
2. Outreach and Recruitment
- Analyze ISEP Direct program portfolio and work with Director to determine the value of potential ISEP Direct programs.
- Work with Director of ISEP Direct to develop strategic recruitment campaigns to target select populations. Closely works with Program officers, Regional Directors, and marketing to effectively promote ISEP Direct.
- Assists Director of ISEP Direct with outreach to ISEP Direct members.
- Maintains and expands knowledge of student recruitment strategies and best practices.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization's programs/services.
3. Member Relations
- Manages sending, tracking and receipt of cost agreements from Host institutions.
- Reviews invoices from host institutions, approves payment for accounting.
- Works with Host coordinators and program staff to resolve issues related to costs and benefits.
4. ISEP Direct Strategy
- Provides input to the strategic planning and fee setting process.
- Conduct market research to contribute to ISEP Direct portfolio.
- Contribute to overall ISEP Direct strategy.
- Delivers competition research to inform ISEP Direct strategy.
Education: B.A. degree
Experience: 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Strong analysis and data management skills;
- Highly organized and self-motivated; proactive;
- Receptive and responsive to feedback;
- The ability to communicate the ISEP mission and interests to increase ISEP Direct student participation;
- Dependable and equipped with a strong desire to learn;
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and people;
- Track record as an effective communicator;
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of initiatives;
- Possessed of a strong work ethic with the ability to perform under pressure;
- Intermediate MS Excel skills;
- Study abroad/work abroad experience
If interested, please send resume/cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com Subject line must include job title. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.
Founded in 1979, ISEP is a nonprofit membership organization of institutions of higher education in the U.S. and 50 other countries, administered by a central office in Arlington, VA., and supported by member fees and fees for services. Over 3,000 students participate annually in ISEP programs. See www.isep.org for more information
ISEP is an EEO/AA employer.